Wednesday 28 December 2016

A letter to 16 years old Ain Irdina



A letter to the past,



To my dearest cubemate, 


I'm currently writing from the future. I had a very peculiar dream these past few days.

Of you and me munching Hup Seng dipped in Milo , in the middle of the nights.
Of you and me, blocking the entrance of EO to watch movies together every time after exams.
Of you and me, going to surau together, iftar together, terawih together.
Of you and me, talking to each other from the other side of the toilet cubicles.
Of you and me, throwing socks and other things to the cubes beside us.
Of you and me, calling each other with weird names and eventually stuck with 'Kubis'. *God. I still think Lobak is way cuter.
And most of all, in my dream of the past,
I saw us, wondering about our future.
Well, let me tell you about that... I'm not really sure about other future but what I can say about us is; we are still going strong :) 


Past Kubis, don't worry. Things work perfectly fine. You thought you couldn't endure a few things yet here you are, in the future ; couldn't be more contented with what you have.

Thank you for surviving the past years and still be here today. And alhamdulillah, both of us are still alive to be celebrating another year of blessings. 


Dear cubemate, I honestly love you for all the peptalks and gentle reminders, I don't think I can thank you enough. I hope your past self is happy to hear this .
Happy Birthday, from your cutest cubemate (2016)



post signature

1 comment:

  1. lol thanks for keeping it in this precious blog.

    ReplyDelete