Monday 17 October 2016

She was a beautiful savage



I just discovered this one male poet and most of his writings are about standing up for women!
How cool is that ?
And no, he's not gay. Haha

Nevertheless, I can't seem to find his books, 'Born to Love, Cursed to Feel', and 'Whiskey and Shovel' in the bookstore. Maybe they're not here in Malaysia yet.

Saw him posting a sneak peek of his poem and it led me to this drawing


She was a beautiful savage
unapologetic but sweet
delicate but tough
brave enough
to walk through hell
in search of her own piece
of heaven
unafraid of the flames

-r.h. Sin-


Okay first of all, that past tense in the beginning of paragraph sparked my curiosity the most, I don't know why! And the way r.h. Sin ended her endurance of hell to find her piece of heaven that once belong to her, was just ... liberating.
And don't even make me start about the oxymorons of her characteristics. Haih. Loving it.


Poems with the manifestation of tenacity and perseverance are always my favourites :)
Hoping to add more in the list



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment