Saturday 29 April 2017

Curry Tree

If you have learned from my Insta stories, you will know that in Penang, I have a few pet plants. Vera Wang, Aloe Vader, a few lemon-grasses, a baby chili plant and ... a melodramatic baby curry tree. Or a very melodramatic curry tree.

The curry tree was given by Mayra's mom and because of her generosity (and because I really wanted to befriend her), I tried my very best to keep the plant alive. I put it in the living room balcony, so that it could get a direct sunlight. However, it was very ungrateful and kicked my consideration out of the window. 
The plant decided to die. Like, literally die. Kering kontang, daun ditiup angin berlalu, begitu rapuh dan ampuh sekali. That was how her first death was recorded; all of the leaves were gone.

“What else do you want? I watered you, I put you under sunlight, at least let me harvest you first.” *throws it from the balcony. Kidding. It's illegal to throw things from the balcony haha. 

With my heart broken like a shattered glass, I took it to the front door, hoping it would revive if I water it every day (only watered it once every 2 days before) and there would be more sunlight there too.
Maybe after hearing my constant whine on what a drama queen it had been, it came back to life after a few days.

It came back to life (I don’t know how but yes it did 🙃). The resilience.


But it only lasted as long as Mayra's determination to quit hoarding. It didn't last long. It died again afterwards. -___-

To make it even worse, as I was recording an Insta story, announcing about it's second death, the last branch of hanging leaves suddenly flew all over the place, like a slap to my face.

HEY, what point are you trying to prove here ? By embarrassing me in front of my online friends like that... HOW DARE.

So yeah. That’s the end of the story. Eventually, I gave up. People said third time is the charm... but the plant already  died twice. What kind of people grow plant only to make it die countlessly? Definitely not me.

Also, I'm so sorry, Mayra's mom. I tried my best. So.... 👉🏻👈🏻 I hope we're still bff? No?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment