Thursday 10 November 2016

Mayra's Birthday surprise

This is going to be lengthy. 




Our not-so-little-anymore chicken is eventually 21 ! 

Three of us are now legit adults. Finally. 

Planning birthday surprise for Mayra was not an easy one since the very beginning. 

1. We intended to make a small private celebration at The Alley. She loves the matcha tart there. Called the cafe, they didn't offer such service for party. Pfftt. It's not like we asked for a bomb. 
2. If we surprise her at our house, it required her away from us...which can RARELY happen. Impossible to throw this woman away. A total leech. Hahaha.
3. Got Sir Yasir agreed to take her out for dinner...and, he just had to cancel the plan all of sudden, at the very last minute. 
4. On the evening before, Mayra was upset on a few things. She wanted to cry. She's not happy. Me and Nana ? Nervous levelled up. 


Her birthday was on Wednesday, so on Tuesday, Nana and I had already started planning this and that. Knowing Mayra and her deep attachment with toys and child-like things, I proposed to Nana,
" Let's build a fort." 
and she said okay if I know how to. Duhhh. Fort ? Piece of cake. *flipshair. 

So that noon, we found ourselves arranging chairs and clothesline as we tried our very best to peg the bedsheets together. Took out sheets, pegged here, pegged there. Pegged, pegged, spread, sheets fell.
Straightened, pegged, clothesline falling down.
Okay.
Despite how easy they should've been, they kept on falling onto the floor like a drama queen trying to get attentions. Dramatic. And annoying. Can't these things defy gravity for at least once. Huh.
Tried again, still not working.
Okay. We're officially doomed.

"I swear it looked easy on YouTube !" 
I moaned towards Nana as she shot me with the are-we-really-making-a-fort look . I mean, those people just arranged the chairs, spread the sheets and voila, a sturdy fort right on your face. And not to mention, the video was only 4 minutes! God. How come ours looked like ... NOT even close to a fortress , or as Nana put it, "macam tempat sidai baju rumah setinggan". Urgh. It was. 
We stopped trying and decided that we would be happy enough if anything, anything at all, would stay in place later that night. 

Evening came and I was in charge of buying the decorations and food. I left casually to my class and headed to the mall to buy the bits and bobs of the decorations with Nana's desperate order constantly playing in my mind,
"If you find a tent, do not hesitate. Just buy. We are soo not building a fort."
Yea right. Like I was going to buy a freaking tent just because. Haha

As you know, or might not know, I'm currently on 'Shopping Detox'. We had been avoiding malls for almost a week now. I know right ! It's impossible! How do people even live!

I was very proud of myself for being able to go to Mr DIY only. And I picked a reasonable shop. One step closer to the 'Pengguna Bijak' trophy. This is going to be easy, I told my self as I swiftly jumped from one aisle to another, successfully avoiding eye contacts from the unrelated sections.
After half an hour, I had gotten myself  a few packets of scented candles, 3 wrapping papers and a lighter. Easy job. 
Humming 'This girl is on fire', I headed to the counter with a big smug plastering on my face, looking very pleased with my achievement.
Got my things.Was not distracted. Girl, you're on roll! *pats self on the back

And then,,, 
the Christmas ornaments just had to be there, in front of the counter. . .
I quickly texted Nana , "Hey, should we buy the Christmas lights ? It's super cheap." 
Or. 
Maybe we don't need the lights. 
Maybe we can use other things.
Should I buy tassels? Or anything shiny?
Oh .
I should probably go and just glance at the crafts section real quick. Like, super quick, it wouldn't do any harm.

.
.
.

An hour later, I texted Nana, "I'm weak :(" 
The washi tapes were seriously super cheap wehhh ! 
and the notebooks ! All cute and super cheap ! 
They even sell cross-stitch equipments ! I don't know why I was excited about that, I don't even cross-stitch. But now that I know they sell it, I might buy and start on you know, have my own yarn collection, or frames of cross-stitch collection.
Wooden alphabets? Might need them. 
and Gosh! Felt for beginners? Right into the trolley. 

Man, I was hyperventilating. 

Nana replied with "Anis ! FOCUS ! We gotta focus!" Oh Lord. It was hard. After some serious breathing controls, face fanning and sweaty palms, I ended up adding ONLY the accessories for the party. *plays victory sound effects *waves hankie in the air "I did it, peasants, I did it !"


Since I had spent so much time at Mr. DIY, I had to rush home for Maghrib and didn't have the time to get Domino's and J.CO. So yeah, I didn't get any food. Because of the crafty section. Not my fault. Their fault. For having cheap stuffs. 


Came home to the news of Sir Yasir cancelling on Mayra and she's gonna be home for the rest of night, I couldn't think of any other solution. How are we going to set up the fort with Mayra walking here and there in the house?
As usual, Nana worried so much, she was about to cry.
"Okay. If she is not going to be outside, we will have to kidnap her and tie her down in the kitchen. Lock the door and we will straight away do the deco."  Her eyes sparkled with 'Yasss let us do that' and I laughed. "I was just joking ! We're not gonna tie her. She's gonna be anxious !"
 "Or should we?"
Woman be crazy. I was only joking for the love of God and she was all, "I seriously agree. Let's do whatever it takes." for the nth time. Whoa whoa chill, lady.

Due to the fact that Mayra was quite depressed that night because of some work, I pestered her to take Xanax in addition to her other pills. Hahaha.
I didn't want her coming all depressed to her own party okay. I have gotten everything 60% ready, didn't wanna toss them into the drain haha #hadtobeselfish #thatkindoffriend #shouldhavegivenonetoNana #womanneedstocalmdown
Fortunately, she did and dozed off soundly as early as 11 p.m. And we began working on our small project. Weee.

Kiki came back home with Domino's pizzas and Banana Kaya later on while Nana and I were wrapping the presents (Your welcome, Haziq). We set the fort up and just used our bed frame and hanged the curtains instead, completely ignoring the instructions from YouTube. 


The idea just came out of nowhere and I instantly knew that I am just creative by nature. #flipskening 


                                      

The tassels and scented candles.

The fort ceiling was actually a curtain too haha

Birthday Pizza



Since Mayra was already on Xanax, no sound could bother her and we had to literally dragged her out of bed. We came into her room, brutally calling "Mayra, Mayra, subuh subuh." She couldn't look more clueless. We sang happy birthday and she straightly went "Ya Allah you guys!" with her shrieking voice. Hahaha. She was clearly high and happy (not sure if it was the effects of it or she really was. Couldn't decide haha) with the surprise and we were super glad it's finally over. Our effort was paid off. And more importantly, we got to chug down pizzas in a fort while having a good laugh. The night went by unexpectedly smooth and couldn't get any more wild, with Nana waking up to a glow stick in her armpit. We surely had a ball of time.


Your Highness, literally high.

One with housemates :)

Banana looks like a proud mom lol


And yasss , matching robes with my girls



No we don't love you


Mayra used to loathe her birthday so much but we managed to make her change her mind, or so a lil bit, I guess ahaha.



Happy 21, my chicken. May Allah give you the strength to face your days and make them a wonderful ride. I pray that you will stay sweet and kind like you have always been. And I pray that God will grant you with more sense of humour too but not more than mine. May you be blessed abundantly and know that I am super glad you are born into this world coz where else am I gonna hear a person screaming so much every single time.  Haha. We love you too and we will always do. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment