Sunday 17 May 2015

80s Drama Night 'Blast from The Past'

So our drama has officially ended last night !!!! Alhamdulillah for everything . 
Even though there're some glitches here and there, I'm just glad it finally ended. At last ! 
As soon as our team bowed on the stage, I felt like the whole burden were lifted away from my shoulders ; seriously never felt as free as that.

IT IS FINALLY OVER !

Class with our dearest Dr. K posited nearly impossible goals to the extent of having to perform a musical drama from the 1980's; because acting only is apparently not challenging enough. Though obvious when the oeuvre has finally completed, such demands had actually taught us needed antidote to the term of 'capable teacher' ,,, yet the journey was not one in which I would wish to go through again. Thanks but no thanks. Kissing my goodbye to PET102. 

It was tiring because of the workload behind the scene. People kept expecting this and that and they only knew how to ask. Never sign me up to be a director. Ever again. I'm so done. 

Plus, the clerical tasks that we had to do in order to ensure the event run smoothly was the worst nightmare. Dealing with university admin is the worst nightmare. I know I've said this last semester, and I'm going to say it again, "It's. the. worst."
With little cooperation given by the administrations and some people in the office, we were like puppets; do as what they pointed us to. 
"Go here, ask for Mr. bla bla bla."
"No I'm not in charge. Try asking this bla bla bla office."
"Our department can't let you do this."
Took us months just to secure a venue! And that's just a venue. Don't get me started on other things. 

Yeah. I know it's not good for me to whine but we've been through this for 2 semesters. They're just repeating the same patterns. It is 'running here and there' all over again. But well, of course 1st semester was much worse for us, beginners. Thank God we started early.

As for my own drama team, our group failed in the first practice, was personally requested by Dr. Hardy to reconsider the play, and rewrite the plot.
Not to mention we argued about the scripts and plots, a lot.
We also had problems with the music and dancing teams, 
our main actor was VERY degil (he insisted on going to hockey practice) that he injured himself the day BEFORE the performance (he blamed my mulut masin pffft and I blamed his thickheaded act).
and many more countless issues that we encountered as a team. 

Nevertheless, team is like family. Quarrel as you may, you're still a unit. Attached to one another.
As a team, we compete together ; win or lose as a team, and rise or fall, also as a team. Indeed, we argued a lot but it was because each of us wanted Guns N' Roses  to be the best team, not because of abhorrence
and I am proud to say that 
I LOVE MY TEAM VERY MUCH, 
all thanks to the passion that had driven them to such a wonderful work. 


Guns N Roses :) Urgh those vibrant colours of 80's costumes.

Well, our drama was about a boy who wanna avenge his father's death. He planned it by inviting his rivals to an isolated island through a mysterious phone call. They ended being stuck in the island with no boats and landlines until the next few days , and had to face one after another murder. No one was to be trusted any longer. They started to suspect each other. When there's only a few of them left on the island, the crime was finally revealed. And, the last person anyone would have guessed, was the master mind. 
First scene; flashback to 15 years ago.








Last scene, where Iskandar performed a monologue of a mentally disturbed man, while being tied.

Rehearsal was waay better, I would say. Still, it was an enjoyable experience working with these people :) And, we all had fun , didn't we :) :) :)


Nana's and Allia's groups performance were funny!





p/s :  After having dinner, I went back to the room, plonked on my bed and was unconscious till this afternoon. Haha. Didn't even wipe the make up off. After months of having my life in storm, I could finally have a good rest. The sleep was good. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment