Thursday, 29 December 2016

My thoughts on The Age of Adaline

First of all, let us give a hats off to the incredible main actor of this movie, Blake Lively. I have admired her since forever. She's so demure, and elegant, and classy, and the list goes on...

I don't like to be the person who spills out everything out of the movie because I want you guys to enjoy it the way I did too; not knowing a thing and just follow the flow.

Sometimes I just browse the movies and just skip watching the trailer because it is more exciting not to. Haha. So I'll try my best not to spoil anything.



Basically, it's about a woman who lived for 109 years. I would rate it 6/10 . That's it. Not gonna tell more. 

From the movie, I personally believe that the element of fantasy is engraved through the narrator's voice. Not bad but the explanation was quite lengthy since they have to cram a few infos there. Well, I honestly like science-y stuff but in my POV, I think that kind of voice didn't really go well with the whole explaining things coz it reminds me more of a children's movies ; like Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Something like that.

Other than that, I LOVE the fact that Adaline took her time to learn a few languages #truegoals. If I have the time, mastering at least 7 languages is kinda my dream. And of course, I would love love love to learn braille and sign language. We should have more awareness about this and if it's not too much, sign language should be taught at school. Like how you learned 'Sivik' or 'Pendidkan Jasmani', isn't it ? These special people are no different than us and they should be treated as one too. I am sure there are a lot more things can be done but it's okay. It's a progressive world. We will be there soon.

Michiel Huisman is handsome too. The beard. And the glimpse of his happy trail. *controlling hard not to sound like a perv.
And the fact that he's a philanthropist was nice ,,,, but ,,, wouldn't it make him TOO perfect ? Since he first met Adaline till the end, he didn't screw a thing. Pftt. Romcoms. Feeding women with so much false hope.

I think that's most of it. Not highly recommended and not saying it is too bad but meh. In between. Above average.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment