Couldn't really post recipes like I promised cause let's be honest here... Who'd bring their phones to the kitchen :P . With the ingredients on the counter, and phone. Messy . I don't know. It's kinda weird, isn't it ?
Since it's like that, I will try my best to post only the SIMPLEST recipe, which won't be needing any step-by-step photos or video :)
And the easiest cake to make (I think) , is the no-bake moist chocolate cake. You won't burn the cake as it's not baked and yeah , let's do this !
The ingredients :
- Margarine : 250g (1 cup)
- Evaporated Milk :1 cup
- Vinegar : 1 spoon
- Flour : 1 1/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder : 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder : 2 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar (1 cup) + Castor Sugar (1 cup) , or you can use normal sugar as substitute
- Eggs : 4 medium sized
- Vanilla essence : 1 teaspoon
- Sweetened Creamer , for taste
How to :
- Prepare the margarine and yogurt first. Melt the margarine in the pan . Mix the evaporated milk with the vinegar and let them turn into a cup of yogurt. Add more vinegar accordingly :)
- Filter/sieve the flour , together with the cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until they're blended well together. You can use a beater okay. Don't get yourself too worn out.
- Slowly and only some at a time, pour the mixed flour into the eggs and sugar.
- Now that the flour is well mixed, pour some of the melted margarine (then mix) , and pour some of the yogurt (then mix). Do it till you finish both ingredients.
- If you have sweet tooth, add the condensed milk accordingly :) I usually add a spoonful or two. Hehe.
- Pour the mixture into the tray/cupcake holder. Make sure to layer it with butter/margarine first okay ! You don't wanna waste any to the tray :P
- Steam it in the steamer for about an hour. Use the toothpick to check if it's cooked or not. If the cake mixture is glued to the stick, it's still not ready.
As for the toppings,
You can use the double boiling method.
For a cake this size, I used around 75-90 g of cooking chocolate bar and a spoon of margarine (just a little bit, not really a spoonful).
And since we have walnuts, so yeah , I sprinkles some crushed walnuts on top. (If you have almonds/walnuts, can blend them and add into the 'ingredients for cake' to make a Walnut Chocolate Cake haha)